Sunday, April 17, 2022

Reflection: Three Sisters (5)

  

Summary for this week:

 

Cibi, the eldest sister. Magda, the middle. Livi, the youngest. Menachem, sisters’ father. Chaya, sisters’ mother. Yitzchak, sisters’ grandfather.

 

For my last reflection on Three Sisters, I would like to keep the ending as a secret. (Not to spoil it) And leave some imagination in your mind. If you are interested in it, go to read it now. Maybe you can borrow it from me. Hah 

 

 

Reflection


In each of my summaries, you might not deeply feel the emotion through the limited details I provided. But I believe, by connecting the story to your personal life, you are likely to find some similarities between them. A true story can always catch people's eyes whether it's a short or a long one. Although it might not happen in front of us, it did take place somewhere else. It's easy to get involved into the plots.


From a complete family, seeing their father go, forced to separate, reunion, again and again, this cycle didn't lead to an end before years of struggles and trials. I was afraid of seeing them get into a unescapable trouble; meanwhile, I was looking forward to know how they, by chance, made it every time. Gratefully, they were blessed for many times in the camps.


When seeing good people who are harmed for no reasons, I usually wonder, "Why the one who gets hurt  is always the good?" Their deeds and personalities do not deserve this kind of punishment. However, the truth is that, God wouldn't bless us all the time.  


I imagined several times, that I was one of their friends, who, unluckily, died before them. I think I would be happy for them. I hate seeing people suffer. If my sacrifice can save others, it's my pleasure to do so. Not to mention if I were one of the sisters. I'm always the one who doesn't care about the heavy price I have to pay in my daily life, since I can't stand aside doing nothing. Who knows, one day, we might have to face this situation and make a decision. I am willing to be well-prepared for any unpredictable event that would strike my life.


Sometimes, take a look at the people around you. Maybe that would be the last time you see them. We don't know what's coming next. Try to cherish everything you own now, and be appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Moon and Sixpence

  The Moon and Sixpence is a novel released by W. Somerset Maugham, an English playwright, novelist, and short-story writer, in 1919. The ...