Friday, February 18, 2022

Book reflection- Coaching fror resilience

 

Hello everyone, this is Christy. Thanks for reading my Log 2. The following will talk about why I choose this book and reflection after reading some of the pages.

Reasons that why I choose this book

The book that I selected which is called “Coaching for resilience- A practical guide to using positive psychology” written by Adrienne green and Jogh Humphrey

I select this book is because this book is not just a book with informative knowledge but also giving me a precious opportunity on having a practical exercise to implement those skills into my daily life.

There is mainly two part I this book. Part one talking about the essential foundation, such as giving us some of the definition, how brain work and how to manage stress, while part two talking about the 7 keys.

I basically choose this book based on two reasons. One is because the content and introduction seems to be very interesting to be. Another reason is that the vocabulary contains in this book is mostly easy for me, but it will appears some medical words that I have never heard before. Therefore, this book can not only help me to expand my horizon but also enhance my vocabulary level.

Reflection

In this week, I have lernt something from the book which is specific terms called, a vicious circle. A vicious circle is a cycle that around with high stress and low resilience. This book is going to talk about how to jump our of the cycle in the following chapter. Stay tune!!




2 comments:

  1. I used to read books talking about some skills that are useful in our lives, and I did learn something practical. Hope to see more helpful knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resilience can be a great skill to learn for a lifetime and helps a lot when we’re in difficulties or under stress. My mom is good at this and she often encourages me to learn this, but I think I’m still weak in managing stress and still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: The Moon and Sixpence

  The Moon and Sixpence is a novel released by W. Somerset Maugham, an English playwright, novelist, and short-story writer, in 1919. The ...