Tuesday, April 19, 2022

A time management book: When


Hello everyone, this is Christy.

Book summary:
In this book it has talked about lots of time management skills. In my  practical experiment, most of the skills are really useful to me and that's why I really hope that I could also shared these skills to all of you.

In this book the author shared to us that our energy in a day could be plotted as a curve which consisting of peak and trough. This could be varies one to another. Therefore, we should record it, and recognized it.

- One key point is that 7 hour after you wake up is the average trough that one could encounter. In this period, we usually having the worst emotion condition in our day. Therefore, we should always prevent doing critical decision on that time.
- 10 to 20 minutes is the best time for resting. By doing so, you could restored your energy and make your performance better in the afternoon. People usually needs 5 to 10 minutes to fall asleep. So next time, set your alarm for 25 minutes is the best!!!


Self reflection:
This supposed to be the last required log post in this semester. Actually, I have read this book a whole month ago. However, I save this as the last log is based on two reasons. One, according to one of my teacher said, it should be the first or the last that make people more make a lasting impression.I think the skills that being shared in this book is really useful to me. And I hope I could shared those techniques to you too!  Second, I thought these kind of book needs some practical experiments to prove if it has worked or not, and I wish I could do that kind of experiment can be handle by myself so that I can shared my true feeling on it.

After reading this book, I do feel like I have learnt a lot of practical skills in it. For example, now when I want to take a small nap in the afternoon. I would alway sets my alarm as 25 minutes as this is the best time slot when it comes to energy recovery. It works!!



 





4 comments:

  1. Hello, Christy!

    I read an article on a magazine that talked about how long one should take a nap, and it really blew my mind. I originally had thought I should sleep until I wake up normally by my bio clock, but the article said the best time frame for napping is about 25~30 minutes; otherwise, I would wake up feeling more tired than before taking the nap. I guess that's why in school the nap time after lunch is about 30 minutes for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Christy, This is Chiho. I agree with the article a lot. I always feel tired and cannot concentrate on anything around three to four pm. So I frequently let myself take a rest. Since I learned that it scientifically stated that we have the highest chance to feel depressed or have the worst emotion seven hours after waking up, I decided not to put any critical plan around three to four pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your sharing, this book seems to talk all about “Timing”, which is kind of like a new aspect of time management. When time management is mentioned, I often think about setting a goal, making a daily schedule, or prioritizing wisely, which I personally think is quite vague. But this book seems to provide concrete skills that can be applied to our lives, which arouse my interest to know further in what I used to consider useless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I read your log, I decide to set my alarm for 25 minutes when I want to have a nap. XD
    I think that time management for me is an important and essential skill. Cuz I'm a severe procrastinator, I think I'm not using my time wisely.... So I often fight with the deadline, I must read this book to learn about time management. Thanks for sharing this book to us!

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: The Moon and Sixpence

  The Moon and Sixpence is a novel released by W. Somerset Maugham, an English playwright, novelist, and short-story writer, in 1919. The ...