Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Book of Moods: FAMILY

 

 
   (This log only talks about those ordinary families which do not involve in any illegal or criminal cases.)


 Family, a destined place that determines half of one's character from the day 1 they are born. We live with family members for years, and we are affected deeply by their behaviors and habits. Our family witnesses our bright side and our darkest side, for the first and the most imitate people we meet are our family members, and we rely on them so heavily. As a result, we share almost everything with our family, including anger and happiness.

 The author wrote about her story she had a fight with her husband, and she realized she was always treating her family in an unpleasant way. She started to reflect on why she could be so moody when talking to her family and also why she could be irritated so easily by her family. The answer to her reflection is love. That is, we love our family unconditionally, and we will never leave them behind. Furthermore, we know their love is bottomless, so we take it for granted.

 My family has put a great effect on me. I was raised and nurtured in the purest care and love from my parents, and I believe that taught me how to love and take care of others. Then my little brother came into my life, and he was a big trouble that bothered me all the time. Yet I still love him for no reason, though what he does is be a mess. After I grew up and went through primary school, senior high school, and high school, I met so many people who never had a loving family. It dawned on me that expressing love and receiving love may be a challenging question that kept puzzling those who were not treated well in their family.

 I always regret fighting with my family because I love them and think they should comprehend my feelings and embrace them. But the truth is, regardless of love, right and wrong must be put as a priority. Of course, we can share emotions and thoughts with our family, no matter if it is good or bad. However, we still need to do things right, and we should never overtake the advantage of the love from our family.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Hazel!

    Reading that you love and feel so strongly for your family is so heart-warming~ It is exactly how I feel about my family also; I sometimes feel annoyed or would argue with family members for their decisions that I don't agree with. But that is because I care about them and I wish them the best of their lives. And I also believe it is because we love our family, we want them to make the right choices. That is why we argue. But after the argument, never let it dictate the relationship we have with our family. We stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family always includes a lot of complex issues. I still remember when I was in junior high school, I had conflicts with my mother all the time. However, as I grew up, I realized it was all because of love, just like you mentioned. I really like what you said, "However, we still need to do things right, and we should never overtake the advantage of the love from our family."
    We easily take the love from family for granted, but we should cherish every moment spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, treating family in an unpleasant way can have another reason—selfishness and only caring about oneself. From my own experience of family, which is opposite of yours, selfishness is what I figure out long after getting rid of that unpleasant atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believed that family is the most important part of my life. I grew up in a lovely family. I agree with you that we become moody when talking to our family. My mother always complains that I talk to my friends or other adults very kind and gentle while talk to her doesn't. I'm sometimes wondering why there's such a difference. Then I find the answer in your article, "We love our family unconditionally, and we will never leave them behind." Thank you Hazel for sharing this goooood book!

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: The Moon and Sixpence

  The Moon and Sixpence is a novel released by W. Somerset Maugham, an English playwright, novelist, and short-story writer, in 1919. The ...